Why it’s good for you?
- Due to high levels of antioxidants, goji berries can benefit vision significantly, protect against premature aging, enhance immune system and promote healthy skin!
- Goji is thought to have anti-cancer effects and helps prevent fatty liver disease whilst promoting the regeneration of liver cells.
- According to studies done, Goji may also improve energy levels, mental and athletic performance, sleep quality and has been used to treat adult-onset diabetes.
How to eat?
1) Healthy Snack: Eat Goji Berries out of the bag! A small handful will do. Combine with other dried berries or nuts for variety.
2) Tea: Add a handful of dried berries to hot water or tea for 5-10 minutes. The berries will swell and become juicer. Drink the tea along with the hydrated berries.
3) Add a handful of dried berries to morning cereals, salads, porridge, trail mix, yogurt, smoothies and granola.
4) Cook your favorite recipe with Goji Berries, or add to soups (which is common in Chinese cuisine).
5) Goji Energy Balls / Bars: Blend a handful of Goji Berries together with a cup of walnuts, 1/2 cup almonds, and 4-6 dates in a food processor. Form the dough mixture into small bite-sized balls or spread in a deep pan to make bars.
Storage: Moist goji berries tend to clump together so you may want to refrigerate them! For a much longer shelf life, freeze the berries in a sealed pack.
Please note: Goji Berries may interact with blood-thinning, diabetic, blood pressure medication, please check with you doctors first before consuming the berries.
Nature’s Superfoods believes in building long lasting good health through 100% natural, organic and nutrient-rich whole foods. Much effort is invested into the sourcing of wholesome and minimally processed ingredients globally so that consumers are able to consume high quality organic foods on a daily basis without burning a hole in their pocket!